Roberto Olivan merges dance and circus with visual arts in a large-scale performance that explores the impact of technological evolution in our daily life.
Seven performers on stage show small fragments of our daily lives. Isolated and independent stories, but with their own sense, as it happens with the daily posts we find on the walls of our digital worlds.
Visual stories that make up a mosaic of suggested images that invite the viewers to let go and connect the points under their own criterion, fleeing conventional linear dramaturgy.
Stories linked to technology in a kind of crazy land or cuckoo land where, ironically, our brilliance makes us at the same time owners and slaves of technological progress.
Stories that evoke a souvenir from past times, and that remind us that we never know what yesterday will be made of.
Beautiful cold stories played by the new generations who are usually judged for being superficial, when in fact they possess an extraordinary sensitivity.
Stories about change, advance and relapse, about the friction between an updated past and a future still to be built.
Stories about life’s complexity, simplicity and the absurd.
Stories that exhibit, but do not judge.
Stories that are part of our reality.
Concept, creation, direction and choreography: Roberto Olivan
Creation and performance: David Tornadijo “Torna”, Delia Ceruti, Luis García “Fruta”, Dunya Narli, Suka Horn, Akira Yoshida, Paula Romero
Musical design, creation and direction: Laurent Delforge
Visual artist: Romain Tardy
Dramaturgical advice: Piero Steiner
Technical direction and lighting design: Oriol Ibañez
Costume design: Adriana Parra
Concept and staging: R.O.P.A. – Roberto Olivan Performing Arts
Photography, video and communication: Vèrtex Comunicació
Production: R.O.P.A. – Roberto Olivan Performing Arts (Spain)
Executive production: Carmina Escardó – DROM
Co-production: ICEC – Ministry of Culture of the Government of Catalonia (Spain), Grec Festival of Barcelona (Spain), Teatre Nacional de Catalunya (Spain), festival Sismògraf d’Olot (Spain), Kalamata International Dance Festival (Greece)
With the support of: Xarxa Transversal (Spain), Fundación Municipal de Cultura de Valladolid/Teatro Lava (Spain), ATRIUM Viladecans (Spain), Solidança (Spain)
- 26/10 Teatro Jovellanos (Gijón, Spain)
- 04/10 Teatro Circo Murcia (Murcia, Spain)
- 19/01 Teatre El Musical (Valencia, Spain)
- 25/11 Teatre Nacional de Catalunya (Barcelona, Spain)
- 24/11 Teatre Nacional de Catalunya (Barcelona, Spain)
- 23/11 Teatre Nacional de Catalunya (Barcelona, Spain)
- 22/11 Teatre Nacional de Catalunya (Barcelona, Spain)
- 11/11 Teatre Auditori Felip Pedrell (Tortosa, Spain)
- 09/11 Teatre Monumental (Mataró, Spain)
- 04/11 Tanzfestival Rhein-Main – Staatstheater Darmstadt (Darmstadt, Germany)
- 26/07 Festival Deltebre Dansa (Deltebre, Spain)
- 06/07 Grec Festival de Barcelona/Teatre Grec (Barcelona, Spain)
- 12/05 Sala Concha Velasco (Valladolid, Spain)
- 06/05 Teatre Principal (Vilanova i la Geltrú, Spain)
- 04/05 Teatre Auditori de Granollers (Granollers, Spain)
- 03/05 Teatre Auditori de Granollers (Granollers, Spain)
- 01/05 Teatro Principal Zaragoza (Saragossa, Spain)
- 27/04 Teatre Municipal de Girona (Girona, Spain)
- Premiere: 20/04 Festival Sismògraf (Olot, Spain)
- Pre-premiere: 07/04 ATRIUM Viladecans (Viladecans, Spain)